ADDITIONAL POLICIES & PROCEDURES AGREEMENT
General Repair Requests: At Mosaic Student Communities, our goal is to respond to your request within 48 hours and have your maintenance problems fixed as soon as possible. We do our best to ensure our properties are well-maintained to make your living experience a pleasant one.
- In order to better serve you and quickly respond to maintenance requests, all maintenance requests need to be submitted in writing using our property management system — AppFolio. To help us provide you with a quick response, be as specific as possible when describing your problem.
- Prior to move-in, we send all our residents an AppFolio activation link so you can activate your account. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received this activation email.
- Or you can call us at (323) 733-2258 during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 5:00pm).
- Routine maintenance requests are processed during normal business hours. As stated in your lease agreement, if the work requested is found to be a resident’s responsibility or damage, you will be billed for the charges.
Maintenance Emergencies: If you experience an emergency (threat to life or safety), please call 9-1-1.
If you experience an emergency maintenance problem (adversely impacting health or safety), please call our emergency maintenance line (323) 379-2258, then follow-up with the written repair request. Please do not call the emergency number for non-emergency requests.
Maintenance emergencies are defined as: Fire within the rental property, any type of water leak that cannot be stopped with a turn off valve; any incident where there is a loss of life or limb; no heat when the temperature is below 65 degrees; no electrical power to just your residence (after verifying your breaker was not tripped or you are not disconnected from the power company for nonpayment).
Please be considerate when requesting after hours maintenance. Any vendor dispatched to your residence for an emergency that does not fall into the above categories will result in the charges being applied to all Residents.
Garbage Disposals: Garbage disposal units, if provided, are only for the disposal of small amounts of food materials that can be easily ground up. The disposal unit is to be operated only with the water running. Never pour grease, rice, lard or broken glass down the sink. Misuse of the garbage disposal and required repeated service will require payment from the Resident for the maintenance requests.
Pesticide Disclosure: Resident(s) has been advised that Owner has contracted with a registered structural pest control company to provide pest control services to the premises periodically and acknowledge receiving a written notice regarding pesticides used on the premises as provided for under Business and Professional code 8538 and California Civil Code 1940.8. If the Resident is not ready for the service and has not performed the proper instructions given for the pest control visit, the Resident is responsible for the cost to schedule a new service day and time. CAUTION – Pesticides are toxic chemicals. Structural Pest Control Operators are licensed and regulated by the Structural Pest Control Board and apply pesticides that are registered and approved for use by the California Department of Food and Agriculture and the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Registration is granted when the state finds that based on existing scientific evidence there are no appreciable risks if the proper use conditions are followed or that the risks are outweighed by the benefits. The degree of risks depends upon the degree of exposure so exposure should be minimized. If within 24 hours following application you experience symptoms similar to common seasonal illness comparable to the flu contact your physician or poison control center and your pest control operator immediately.
Common Property Issues and Solutions
- Locked out? Please see our Lockout Policy
- Having wireless connectivity issues? See our Wireless Help Guide
- Questions or need help setting up utilities? See our Utilities Help Guide
- Learn how to unclog a toilet, fix a broken garbage disposal, reset a tripped electrical breaker and other easy household fixes by watching our How-to Videos